Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»More News»Off-line confinement: France bans first ever internet user from web surfing
    More News

    Off-line confinement: France bans first ever internet user from web surfing

    By mediahitmanJune 14, 2013Updated:June 16, 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    9.si

    A French court has sentenced an internet user to 15 days without online access. The French digital minister recently commented that cutting off internet was “like cutting off their water”, and it would prove difficult to enforce.

    The landmark ruling was issued at the end of May, and is likely both the first and last time it will ever happen. An appeal against the case is possible for the ten days after the ruling.

    The sentence was first revealed by website PCInpact this week and confirmed Friday by the government officials responsible for administering the law. The individual in question remains unnamed.

    The ban was supplemented by a 600 euro fine, after the user was convicted under a “three strikes” rule for repeatedly illegally downloading material.

    Despite the offender being cut off from the “public” web, he is still able to access services deemed “essential” such as his email.

    The impossibility of such a filter being created was emphasized by the president of Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL): “All the operators do not have the technical capacity to carry out such a selective suspension,” said Alex Türk.

    French Culture Minister Aurélie Filippetti told PC Inpact that the law ensuring a potential internet ban on repeated offenders was close to being dissolved, with the likelihood that it would be replaced by the imposition of fines.

    The monitoring of illegal downloads will soon be transferred to French media regulator CSA (Conseil Supérieur de l’Audiovisuel), who are more inclined towards the financial penalty.

    “In this day and age it’s not possible to cut off someone’s Internet access. It’s like cutting off their water,” French Digital Minister Fleur Pellerin said at a press conference in Sweden last week.

    Internet bans in the US have been repeatedly overturned, with a 2010 court stating that an internet ban imposed on a sex offender was “substantively unreasonable” and “aggressively interferes with the goal of rehabilitation,” according to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.

    The European Court of Human Rights asserted the right of individuals to access the internet in 2012, stating that it has “now become one of the principal means of exercising the right to freedom of expression and information.”

    Source

    Bans France Internet Piracy Surfing user Web
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Trump signs US Mexico Canada Agreement

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    San Francisco official in charge of cleaning up city’s filthy streets arrested

    January 30, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.