Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»More News»Venezuela confirms receipt of Snowden asylum request
    More News

    Venezuela confirms receipt of Snowden asylum request

    By mediahitmanJuly 9, 2013Updated:July 9, 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    000_hkg8679423.si

    Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has confirmed that his country received an official request for asylum from NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden on Monday. This comes after Nicaragua received his asylum application at its Moscow embassy.

    “We received a letter requesting asylum” from Snowden, revealed Maduro, during a press conference prior to a meeting with Panama’s president, Ricardo Martinelli.

    The fugitive “will need to decide when he will fly here,” added the Venezuelan head of state. Maduro Maduro last week said that his country would provide Snowden with a safe haven from “persecution from the empire.”

    Earlier on Monday Nicaragua confirmed that it also received Snowden’s official asylum request. “Nicaragua is an open country that respects the right to asylum,” the country’s ambassador to Russia Luis Alberto Molina Cuadra told RT

    “It is possible that Snowden’s application is already being looked at. It will be considered at the highest level, by the top politicians of our country.”

    On Friday Nicaragua’s Sandinista President Daniel Ortega declared that he would receive the US citizen “with pleasure”, if “circumstances permit”.

    Snowden’s initial application letter, with the dateline “Moscow, June 30” has also been revealed.

    In it the former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor says “…it is unlikely I would receive a fair trial or proper treatment [in the US]” and claims an imminent return to his country of birth could result in the “possibility of life in prison or even death.”

    Snowden, who last month leaked confidential information revealing NSA’s massive electronic surveillance program, known as PRISM, is currently facing charges of theft of government property, and two counts of espionage – one for leaking classified to data to those without a security clearance.

    The 30-year-old has not been seen in public since late June in Hong Kong, but is widely believed to be in the transit zone at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport.

    Read More Here

    Asylum Edward Snowden PRISM Request Venezuela Whistleblower
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Trump signs US Mexico Canada Agreement

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    San Francisco official in charge of cleaning up city’s filthy streets arrested

    January 30, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.