Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»War News»Terrorism»EU lists Hezbollah’s military wing as terrorists
    Terrorism

    EU lists Hezbollah’s military wing as terrorists

    By mediahitmanJuly 22, 2013Updated:July 22, 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    24.si

    EU governments have agreed to put the military wing of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah on the EU’s terror list.

    “We took this important step today, by dealing with the military wing of Hezbollah, freezing its assets, hindering its fundraising and thereby limiting its capacity to act,” Dutch Foreign Minister Frans Timmermans said on the sidelines of a meeting of EU foreign ministers who decided on the blacklisting.

    The EU cites the suicide bombing of a bus in Bulgaria in July last year, which was allegedly organized by Hezbollah, as the reason for the decision.

    The bombing targeting tourists from Israel left seven people dead, including the bus driver, five tourists and the bomber himself. Thirteen people were injured in the blast.

    Hezbollah denied any involvement in the attack, but Bulgarian investigators say they are sure that the group was behind it.

    The move to list the Shiite movement’s military wing as terrorist was advocated by the UK and the Netherlands, but other members of the EU had been reluctant, fearing that it would destabilize Lebanon.

    Washington has supported the EU’s decision, saying it should have an impact on Hezbollah’s fundraising and logistical activities, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.

    However, international lawyer and political analyst Franklin Lamb believes the decision was forced by the US, and is just a PR move which will not lead to genuine action.

    “I think what we are going to see is the European Union doing nothing. They got the headline, they took the pressure of the Israelis that the EU have boycotted the occupied territories,” he said. “They changed headlines for a few days and that’s I think what the deal was. But I don’t think this will have any impact on Hezbollah. The fundamental resistance organization relies on the support from the people, but not the Europeans.”

    Read More Here

    EU Hezbollah Military Terrorists
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    ‘No indication of enemy fire’: US forces in Afghanistan confirm loss of recon plane

    January 28, 2020

    Article 13: UK will not implement EU copyright law

    January 25, 2020

    Amazon battles Microsoft over military cloud

    January 24, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.