Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»War News»Rand Paul: Obama did ‘hundreds and hundreds of targeted killings’ without asking Congress
    War News

    Rand Paul: Obama did ‘hundreds and hundreds of targeted killings’ without asking Congress

    By mediahitmanJanuary 13, 2020Updated:January 13, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul accused former President Barack Obama of launching many military strikes without congressional approval following President Trump’s ordered killing of a top Iranian general last week.

    “Well, you know this is not a new trend,” Paul said on NBC’s Meet the Press on Sunday, continuing, “President Obama did hundreds and hundreds of targeted killings without asking for permission. So I think presidents of both parties have been trying to usurp the authority.”

    Paul did not cite any examples of Obama launching military action without congressional approval, but the Obama administration did order over 500 drone strikes during his presidency.

    Earlier this month, Trump ordered the killing of top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who he said was planning to blow up multiple U.S. embassies in the Middle East. Soleimani has been designated a terrorist by the last three presidential administrations.

    Democrats were outraged that Trump did not notify lawmakers before taking out Soleimani. Only Congress has the constitutional authority to declare war, though the president is not legally required to notify Congress before taking executive military action if an imminent threat could harm Americans.

    Instead, the Pentagon sent intelligence and military officials to Capitol Hill last week to explain the “imminent” threat Soleimani posed to American lives in the region and justify the attack. The briefing left many lawmakers, including Paul, unsatisfied.

    “Our Founding Fathers wanted it to remain in Congress and make it difficult to go to war,” Paul said. “I think we’ve been drifting away from that for a long time.”

    Trump has claimed there was no time to notify Congress of the intelligence that led to Soleimani’s death but said his tweets should serve as notice of potential further action.

    “These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!” he tweeted last week.

    Read More Here

    Congress Drone strikes General Qasem Soleimani Killings Obama Rand Paul Targeted
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Congress Now Funding Geoengineering Plan To Spray Particles To Cool The Earth

    January 28, 2020

    ‘No indication of enemy fire’: US forces in Afghanistan confirm loss of recon plane

    January 28, 2020

    Lie-detector tests for terrorists? New UK govt plan sparks backlash online

    January 22, 2020

    Comments are closed.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.