Subscribe to Newsletter

Categories

Most Viewed

Archives

Six killed in Pennsylvania shootings, suspect still at large

meme-1.si

Authorities are searching for an Iraq war veteran suspected of killing at least six people at three separate locations in Pennsylvania’s Montgomery County early Monday.

The first shooting was reported at 3:55 a.m. Monday in Lower Salford Township, about 45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Police found a woman shot to death at the location, WPVI reported. Forensics investigators from Montgomery County could be seen investigating a unit there, and two bullet holes were visible, according to WCAU.

Half an hour later, at 4:25 a.m., police were called to a shooting in Lansdale, where they discovered two more people who had been shot and killed. A SWAT team responded to the scene, but drew back after nearly three hours. Police did not release any information about the gunman at that time, the NBC affiliate said.

Two more people were discovered shot to death in Souderton on Monday morning. Shortly after 2 p.m. local time, the Morning Call reported that the death toll was at six.

Sources told the ABC affiliate that all the victims had been shot at close range.

A fourth scene was discovered in Pennsburg, and is believed to be related to the three previous shootings, WPVI reported. Late Monday morning, though, law enforcement officials said details about that scene were scant.

Souderton School District facilities were momentarily under a “shelter in place” order, with schools operating on standby with limited visitors allowed in and out, officials told KYW.

Police say that two children were taken from Lower Salford during their response, and both have been found safe, according to WPVI.

The SWAT team entered the Souderton home where the suspect was believed to be barricaded at 9:45 a.m. Airspace was subsequently closed above the area for the next two hours, WPVI’s Mike Neilon tweeted.

Law enforcement has provided few details in the hours since, but a loud explosion was heard at the site just before 12 noon local time, a local ABC News affiliate reported. According to that network, law enforcement officials believe the death toll may rise.

At least one person has since been taken from the house on a stretcher, eyewitness reported, and ABC30 said a teenager was among those injured at the Souderton home. Within an hour of the loud noise being heard, however, Chief Tim Dickinson of the Towamencin police department was telling reporters that the suspected shooter had not been inside that residence.

Read More Here