The parents of a girl who died after inhaling aerosol deodorant want clearer product labelling to warn people of the potential dangers.
Giorgia Green, who was 14 and from Derby, had a cardiac arrest after spraying the deodorant in her bedroom.
Her parents have since become aware of other young people who accidentally died after inhaling deodorant.
In response, the British Aerosol Manufacturers’ Association (BAMA) said deodorants have “very clear warnings”.
By law, aerosol deodorants must be printed with the warning “keep out of reach of children”.
However, Giorgia’s parents said the writing was small.
They believe many parents buy deodorant for their children without noticing the warning.
“People don’t know how dangerous the contents of those tins can be,” said her father Paul.
“I would like it so that no-one else in the country – or the world – would end up having to go through what we’ve personally gone through.