Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Science & Space»Google Faces Inquiry Over Data Breach ‘Cover Up’
    Science & Space

    Google Faces Inquiry Over Data Breach ‘Cover Up’

    By mediahitmanMay 21, 2012Updated:May 30, 2012No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    By News.com.au

    Google is facing an investigation into claims its Street View cars deliberately collected data from millions of residents and the company covered it up, reports said today.

    The tech giant has already admitted to stealing fragments of personal data from unprotected wi-fi networks as the cars photographed streets of the UK, The Daily Mail reports.

    The data included emails, text and chat messages, passwords, photos, documents and social network posts with Google saying it had been a “mistake”.

    But a report by the US media regulator, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has revealed the Google programmer who wrote the software had warned as early as 2007 the cars would be collecting the data.

    The programmer, 41-year-old Marius Milner, originally from East Sussex, had wanted a legal and privacy review, the FCC heard.

    A spokesperson for the ICO told The Daily Mail it would be examining the FCC report further but Google had provided a formal undertaking in 2010 about their future conduct when the data collection was revealed.

    “This included a provision for the ICO to audit Google’s privacy practices,” the spokesperson said. “The audit was published in August 2011 and we will be following up on it later this year, to ensure our recommendations have been put in place.”

    Google spokesman Anthony House said the company had “always been clear that the leaders of this project did not want or intend to use this payload data”.

    “Indeed Google never used it in any of our products or services,” Mr House said. “Both the Department of Justice and the FCC have looked into this closely – including reviewing the internal correspondence – and both found no violation of law.”

    Source

    Breach Cover-Up Data Google Internet Investigation
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    New York State Is Now Mandating “Stargazing Permits” For Looking At The Sky

    January 30, 2020

    Ring doorbell ‘gives Facebook and Google user data’

    January 29, 2020

    Fears mount that two old satellites will SMASH into each other above US this week

    January 29, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.