Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Random News»Puerto Rico official sacked over Hurricane Maria aid warehouse
    Random News

    Puerto Rico official sacked over Hurricane Maria aid warehouse

    By mediahitmanJanuary 18, 2020Updated:January 20, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Puerto Rico’s top emergencies manager has been sacked after video emerged of a warehouse full of supplies dating back to the devastating Hurricane Maria that hit the island in 2017.

    Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced said she wanted answers within 48 hours over the undistributed aid.

    Sacked director Carlos Acevedo said no-one had been denied “any of the items” found in the warehouse.

    Since 2017, Puerto Rico has been hit by a series of hurricanes and earthquakes.

    The island is still recovering from Hurricane Maria, a category-five storm that devastated parts of the Caribbean in September 2017.

    In Puerto Rico alone, the hurricane is estimated to have killed 2,975 people and caused $100bn (£75bn) of damage.

    The island was hit by the strongest quake in 102 years early this month. At one point in the aftermath, two-thirds of the population had no power.

    One of the worst affected areas was the city of Ponce, in the south of the island. Video of Ponce residents breaking into the warehouse went viral on Saturday. It showed thousands of cases of water and other supplies.

    “There are thousands of people who have made sacrifices to help those in the south, and it is unforgivable that resources were kept in the warehouse,” Governor Vázquez Garcel said in her statement.

    The mayor of Ponce, María Meléndez, said news of the warehouse and its contents was “outrageous”.

    “Everyone knows what us mayors went through after Hurricane Maria to try and get help to our cities, and how we’ve worked these weeks to provide basic supplies to people affected by earthquakes. Those involved owe us an explanation.”

    Read More Here

    Aid Fired Hurricane Maria Official Puerto Rico scandal
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Lungs ‘magically’ heal damage from smoking

    January 30, 2020

    Longest-ever border smuggling tunnel found stretching between Tijuana and San Diego

    January 30, 2020

    Coronavirus: Starbucks closes 2,000 Chinese branches

    January 30, 2020

    Comments are closed.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.