Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Interesting News»Fukushima»Nuclear operator to release secret Fukushima tapes
    Fukushima

    Nuclear operator to release secret Fukushima tapes

    By mediahitmanJuly 18, 2012Updated:July 18, 2012No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Former Japanese prime minister Naoto Kan, who was in office throughout the Fukushima nuclear meltdowns, has told the ABC he believes the plant’s operator has been hiding important evidence.

    For months TEPCO has resisted pressure to release crucial recordings, arguing they are in-house material and to release them would compromise the privacy of these on the tapes.

    The organization now says it will bow to months of pressure from Mr Kan and the government and release the many hours of teleconference video taken in the days after last year’s meltdowns.

    But it has confirmed crucial audio of a heated exchange with Mr Kan is missing, claiming its difficult drive was full.

    The recordings are a window into the decisions, dramas and dangers at the heart of the world’s worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl, and Mr Kan says the withheld info is “crucial”.

    “This is particularly essential material which is required to investigate the trigger of this accident,” Mr Kan told the ABC in an exclusive interview.

    “It’s like the black box flight recorder on an aeroplane. The black box is essential to understanding how an accident occurred. So also are these recordings.”

    Lawyer Hiroyuki Kawai has been fighting for the release of the TEPCO tapes. He believes they will aid solve some abiding mysteries at the heart of the disaster.

    It really is like the black box flight recorder on an aeroplane. The black box is essential to understanding how an accident happened. So too are these recordings.

    “The audio and video will make it clear what discussions TEPCO was having about withdrawing.”


    Sources and more information:

    • Fukushima powerplant owner forced to cough teleconference vids

    Fukushima powerplant owner forced to cough teleconference vids Claims missing audio due to ‘full hard drive’ Japan’s troubled Tokyo Electric Power Co, Tepco, the operator of the Fukushima nuclear plant, will be forced to release hundreds of hours of in-house teleconference video footage revealing executive briefings to staff during the unfolding…

    • Tepco told to air footage of Kan’s nuke crisis rage

    • Japan to publish Fukushima disaster probe report

    • TEPCO to disclose footage of Kan scolding officials in nuclear crisis

    • Audio Missing On Fukushima Conference Videos

    • Nuclear operator to release secret Fukushima tapes

    Fukushima Japan Nuclear Operator Secret Tapes
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Is an AI arms race more dangerous than a nuclear one? Yes, but not like in ‘Terminator’

    January 28, 2020

    Carlos Ghosn escaped with help of rogue employee – jet firm

    January 3, 2020

    Carlos Ghosn: How did the Nissan ex-boss flee from Japan?

    January 1, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.