Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»More News»Nun loses bid for a 7.38m illuminated cross. Application 666 denied
    More News

    Nun loses bid for a 7.38m illuminated cross. Application 666 denied

    By mediahitmanJuly 26, 2012Updated:July 31, 2012No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A nun who wanted to erect a 7.38m-high illuminated cross in her back garden has had planning permission refused. Sister Mary Michael said she believed God wanted her to have the “Cross of Love” at her home in North Hykeham, Lincolnshire.

    But North Kesteven District Council said the cross would be “inappropriate and intrusive”. Sister Mary said she will now have to be a “little light” herself.

    “I thought it would be lovely for people,” said the 68-year-old. Sister Mary said the cross would have been a scaled down version of the 738m Glorious Cross of DozulĂ© in France. She wanted it to be a beacon for people to come to her garden to pray.

    But the planning application, number 666, was rejected by the council who said: “The proposed development would, by virtue of its height in comparison with surrounding residential properties and its illumination, represent an inappropriate and intrusive feature within this wholly residential area.”

    Sister Mary said she would not try to appeal against the decision or submit another application. “You can’t fight the council. I think the Devil is a bit easier really,” she said.

    She said she will continue to invite friends and family to pray in her garden. She previously attracted wide attention when she held a prayer vigil at the Da Vinci Code premiere in Cannes. She also protested at Lincoln Cathedral when the Da Vinci Code was being filmed there.

    Source

    666 Application Cross Nun
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Trump signs US Mexico Canada Agreement

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    San Francisco official in charge of cleaning up city’s filthy streets arrested

    January 30, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.