Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»War News»Terrorism»Terror plot to attack New York-Toronto railroad thwarted in Canada
    Terrorism

    Terror plot to attack New York-Toronto railroad thwarted in Canada

    By mediahitmanApril 23, 2013Updated:May 27, 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    rtr25q9m.si

    Authorities have reportedly prevented what they say was an al-Qaeda-supported terrorist attack that aimed to disrupt a major North American rail transit route.

    Canadian law enforcement confirmed Monday afternoon that authorities thwarted an alleged terror plot in Canada that targeted a Via Rail passenger train that operates between Toronto, Ontario and New York City in the United States.

    During Monday’s press conference, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) confirmed that they apprehended and charged two men earlier in the day that they believe unsuccessfully hatched what is being called a homegrown terror plot. The suspects now in custody have been named as Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, and Raed Jaser, residents of Montreal, Quebec and Toronto, Ontario, respectively.

    “We are alleging that these two individuals took steps and conducted activities to initiate a terrorist attack,” Jennifer Strachan, criminal operations officer for RCMP Ontario, said during Monday’s presser.

    The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation adds that the suspects were under investigation for over a year before brought into custody, and assistance was provided by entities on both sides of the border including the United States’ FBI and Department of Homeland Security Department, although the plot itself involved attacking a train on Canadian soil.

    Authorities do not believe the plot is related to the terrorist attack in Boston, Massachusetts last week that left three people dead, but do allege that the Canadian operation was to some extent supported by al-Qaeda.

    The suspects, say investigators, were spotted routinely monitoring train activity in the Toronto area. An arrest had originally been planned for three weeks earlier, but their apprehension was put on hold for reasons not yet known.

    Details on the suspects are scant as preliminary reports come in, but Robert Fife, chief of CTV’s Ottawa news bureau, says, “it does not appear to be a case of radicalization of youth.”

    Source: RT News

    Al Qaeda Attack New York NY Railroad Terror Plot Terrorism Toronto Train
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    New York State Is Now Mandating “Stargazing Permits” For Looking At The Sky

    January 30, 2020

    Lie-detector tests for terrorists? New UK govt plan sparks backlash online

    January 22, 2020

    Ukraine furious after UK adds its coat of arms to list of ‘extremist’ symbols in anti-terror guide

    January 21, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.