Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»War News»Terrorism»US Special Forces poised to strike against Al-Qaeda following intercepted communications
    Terrorism

    US Special Forces poised to strike against Al-Qaeda following intercepted communications

    By mediahitmanAugust 6, 2013Updated:August 6, 2013No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    000_par7629975.si

    Intercepted communiques between Al-Qaeda leadership and its affiliated branch in Yemen has led to credible evidence of plots against American and Western targets on the Arabian Peninsula, according to US officials.

    Last week the Obama administration made the unusual move to close about two dozen diplomatic facilities throughout the Middle East and Africa, as well as issued a worldwide travel alert. Those actions were followed by similar moves by the UK’s Foreign Office, which advised on Friday British nationals to leave Yemen if possible.

    It is now thought that an uptick in chatter from the head of Al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahri, speaking from Pakistan with Nasser al-Wuhayshi, the head of Al-Qaeda’s Yemen group, revealed an impending attack, as early as this past weekend.

    According to the New York Times, the conversation between the two leaders was considered “highly unusual” and immediately led the State Department and the White House to act, prompting members of Congress to indicate last week that a credible terrorist plot was already underway.

    “This was significant because it was the big guys talking, and talking about very specific timing for an attack or attacks,” said one American official who spoke with the New York Times.

    The State Department on Sunday announced that it was closing an additional 19 diplomatic offices through next Saturday due to continued intelligence suggesting an imminent threat, but not due to additional information which set off increased precautions since last week.

    The latest closures were “merely an indication of our commitment to exercise caution and take appropriate steps to protect our employees and visitors to our facilities,” according to the State Department.

    Meanwhile, a senior Obama administration official had indicated to CNN on Monday that Special Forces units overseas had been on alert for the past several days for a potential attack on Al-Qaeda targets. Those units had been placed on heightened alert by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel as of last week, as US intelligence continued to examine the details of the credible threat.

    Speculation on potential US targets seemed high over the weekend, with an anonymous Western diplomat speaking to the New York Times saying the American mission in Islamabad, Pakistan had received unconfirmed reports that militants had assembled in the Margalla Hills overlooking the city.

    “The assumption is that it’s probably most likely to happen in the Middle East,” Representative Peter T. King said on Sunday on the ABC News program “This Week.”

    “But there’s no guarantee of that at all. It could basically be in Europe, it could be in the United States, it could be a series of combined attacks,” added King, who is a member of the House Intelligence Committee.

    Read More Here

    Al Qaeda Attacks Communications Intercepted Special Forces Terrorism
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Lie-detector tests for terrorists? New UK govt plan sparks backlash online

    January 22, 2020

    Ukraine furious after UK adds its coat of arms to list of ‘extremist’ symbols in anti-terror guide

    January 21, 2020

    US expels 21 Saudi military cadets after gun attack

    January 13, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.