Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Interesting News»Engineer admits he ‘zoned out’ before deadly Metro-North train crash
    Interesting News

    Engineer admits he ‘zoned out’ before deadly Metro-North train crash

    By mediahitmanDecember 4, 2013Updated:December 4, 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    engineer-admitted-he-__zoned-out__-before-metro-north-train-derailed-killing-four.si

    The engineer manning the train involved in a deadly crash Sunday morning in New York City “zoned out” moments before the incident, a person who claims to have spoken with him tells reporters.

    Metro-North engineer William Rockefeller suffered a momentary lapse in attention, or “zoned out,” when he let the train reach speeds upwards of 80 mph early Sunday in the Bronx, according to an unnamed source cited by reporters at both the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post on Tuesday.

    “I think anybody who’s ever driven a car and sort of gotten to that place where you’re not really conscious, and then you snap yourself out of it, that’s in effect what happened,” the source told the Journal. “That is exactly how Billy described it.”

    Four people died in the crash, and more than 60 were injured, including Rockefeller, when the Metro-North passenger train he had been operating derailed while taking a curve at more than twice the speed limit.

    “He was just somehow inattentive,” the source told the Post, and didn’t apply the train’s brakes until it was too late. Authorities said on Monday that Rockefeller attempted to break just five seconds before the deadly derailment.

    Investigators confiscated Rockefeller cell phone in the aftermath to see if he was distracted by it before the crash, but the National Transportation Safety Board has yet to release their findings. Toxicology tests have also been ordered to see if the operator had been drinking or using drugs before the incident, but officials believe at this time that he was sober.

    “Part of our investigation, as in all investigations,” NTSB spokesperson Keith Holloway told the New York Times, “is to look at human performance factors.”

    Andrew Cuomo, the governor of New York, said, “When the investigation concludes, we will make sure that any responsible parties are held accountable.”

    Read More Here

    Before Crash Engineer Metro North NYC Train Zoned Out
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Two hundred Americans to face quarantine in California

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    Fears mount that two old satellites will SMASH into each other above US this week

    January 29, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.