Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Interesting News»Bushmaster CEO breaks silence on Newtown school shooting
    Interesting News

    Bushmaster CEO breaks silence on Newtown school shooting

    By mediahitmanJune 16, 2013Updated:March 23, 2014No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    imagesSix months ago, the nation was horrified that a deranged man entered Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 young children and six educators. The man, Adam Lanza, happened to use a Bushmaster brand AR-15-style, semi-automatic rifle in the Newtown, Conn., massacre. Almost instantly, gun-control politicians and activists blamed the weapon, instead of the man.

    George Kollitides, the CEO of Freedom Group, which owns Bushmaster, was blamed by some as being complicit in the killings. He has not commented on the controversy, until now.

    “It’s very easy to blame an inanimate object. Any kind of instrument in the wrong hands can be put to evil use. This comes down to intent — criminal behavior, accountability and responsibility,” Mr. Kollitides said in an exclusive interview last week. The killer’s mother, Nancy Lanza, taught her son to shoot and is said to have given him access to the gun safes.

    “He killed the gun’s owner, stole her car, stole her gun and then went to a school and killed innocent kids. No background checks could have prevented that. He illegally obtained the guns,” he told me in his small New York office. “Only two things could have potentially stopped him: his mother locking up her guns and an armed guard. Even then, he could have driven his stolen car into a playground full of kids. He was intent on killing, which we know is already illegal.”

    Nevertheless, the liberal media is intent on blaming the gun company executive personally.

    Lawrence O’Donnell of MSNBC charged on Feb. 16 that the CEO is “the merchant of death who made the Bushmaster military-style assault rifle used to rip up the bodies of the 20 children and six educators.”

    Mr. O’Donnell then put Mr. Kollitides‘ photo on the screen and said, “Leave it up there for a while. I want this merchant of death to be stared at by a national audience for as long as possible.”

    The New York Times published an editorial in January that said Bushmaster’s advertising caused criminal behavior, concluding that, “Given their financial success, gun makers have apparently decided that the risk of an occasional massacre is part of the cost of doing business.”

    Although he has had to add full-time security at his Connecticut home for his family, Mr. Kollitides is unapologetic about his company’s rifles, which range in price from $500 to $3,000. “It has nothing to do with our marketing campaign and everything to do with a reputation for high quality and performance. Do you race a Ford Pinto or a Ferrari?”

    Freedom Group, the world’s largest privately owned gun and ammunitions manufacturer, is the umbrella over 16 brands, such as Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, AAC and Tapco. It employs more than 4,000 Americans and is valued at $1 billion. Like the rest of the firearms industry, Freedom Group saw sales skyrocket in 2012 as people anticipated President Obama going after guns in a second term and then another spike after the White House push for gun bans in the wake of Newtown.

    The company sold 1.4 million long guns and 2 billion rounds of ammunition in 2012, raking in $932 million, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Sales in the first quarter of 2013 have been $320 million, a 50 percent increase from the same period last year. Freedom Group was put up for sale after Sandy Hook by its current owner, the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, as a result of demands from some of its larger investors, such as the California State Teachers’ Retirement System. Lazard has been taking bids for the auction.

    Read More Here

    AR15 Bushmaster CEO Gun Control Guns Newtown Sandy Hook Shooting Silence
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Two hundred Americans to face quarantine in California

    January 30, 2020

    Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist arrested for spreading personal info of victim’s dad

    January 28, 2020

    FBI requested interview with Prince Andrew on Jeffrey Epstein case, but received ‘zero cooperation’

    January 28, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.