Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»Interesting News»‘The Colbert Report’ abruptly cancels two show tapings, no date set for return
    Interesting News

    ‘The Colbert Report’ abruptly cancels two show tapings, no date set for return

    By mediahitmanFebruary 18, 2012No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    By Jo Piazza
    FOX News

    Sources inside ‘The Colbert Report’ tell FoxNews.com that the sudden suspension of Colbert’s Comedy Central show is due to a family emergency. Comedy Central refused to comment on that information, other than to say that “due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16.”

    Another source close to Colbert’s show also tells FoxNews.com that new episodes of the politically minded faux talk show should begin airing soon following the mysterious suspension of programming.

    Steve Albani, a spokesperson for Comedy Central said: “Unfortunately, we’re not providing any details beyond the only official statement.”

    The cancellation was unanticipated. Ticketholders for Wednesday night’s show were told shortly before the show was expected to tape that it would not be happening.

    In its seven year run, “The Colbert Report” has never suspended taping except to get a playful jab in at Senator John McCain when he suspended his presidential campaign in 2008.

    The network’s “The Daily Show,” from which Colbert was spun off has only canceled production twice due to the death of a staff member and when host Jon Stewart became a father.

    This suspension comes amidst one of the busiest times for a daily program that achieves its highest ratings during election seasons. Colbert has been especially active this political cycle even starting his own super PAC, “American for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow, which had raised more than $1 million by the end of last month.

    Colbert, who typically updates his own social media, has not updated his Twitter account since Tuesday. Fans on Twitter and Facebook have been active in their speculation over what has caused the cancellation, throwing out conspiracy theories from a corporate shut down to a possible illness.

    Source

    Fox Freedom Watch Judge Napolitano MSM Shows The Colbert Report
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Two hundred Americans to face quarantine in California

    January 30, 2020

    Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist arrested for spreading personal info of victim’s dad

    January 28, 2020

    FBI requested interview with Prince Andrew on Jeffrey Epstein case, but received ‘zero cooperation’

    January 28, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.