Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»More News»Ghost ship lost in Japanese tsunami drifts to B.C. coast
    More News

    Ghost ship lost in Japanese tsunami drifts to B.C. coast

    By mediahitmanMarch 27, 2012No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    BY MIKE HAGER
    VANCOUVER SUN

    After being flushed out to sea by last year’s massive tsunami and earthquake, a Japanese squid-fishing boat has drifted across the Pacific Ocean and was about 120 nautical miles off British Columbia’s north coast Friday evening.

    The 150-foot ship was found drifting right-side-up about 140 nautical miles (260 km) from Cape Saint James, on the southern tip of Haida Gwaii.

    “It’s been drifting across the Pacific for a year, so it’s pretty beat up,” said marine search coordinator Jeff Olsson of Victoria’s Joint Rescue Coordination Centre.

    A plane on a routine surveillance patrol for the fisheries and defence departments found the ship on the afternoon of March 20. The Canadian Coast Guard has issued a notice to all vessels that the ship is an obstruction to navigation. Transport Canada was still monitoring the boat Friday evening for marine pollution and interference with passing ships. The government body would not say whether the ship would be towed in or left to drift to shore on its own.

    A boat that size would most likely be towed into Haida Gwaii, and could even be brought in by a commercial fishing ship said towing expert Paul Gray.

    “The ghost ship is probably going to be pretty much worthless — nobody’s going to want to have anything to do with it because of the huge costs that are going to be incurred [towing it to shore],” said Gray, senior captain with the Vessel Assist towing company. “All that garbage, it’s going to hit Alaska, it’s going to hit B.C. and it’s going to hit Washington.

    “That’s pretty much predicted and to be expected because of the currents.”

    The vessel’s hull numbers were traced to the ship’s owner in Japan, who confirmed that nobody was believed to be on the ship when it was dragged out to sea, Olsson said.

    The boat — the first large piece of post-tsunami debris to hit North America — was confirmed lost by Japanese officials. Attempts to hail the ship brought no response and Olsson told The Sun “we know nobody’s in danger.”

    Source

    Ghost Japan Ship Tsunami
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Trump signs US Mexico Canada Agreement

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    San Francisco official in charge of cleaning up city’s filthy streets arrested

    January 30, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.