Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    USAHITMAN Conspiracy News
    Home»More News»Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border
    More News

    Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

    By mediahitmanAugust 12, 2013No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    OtayMesaBorderAPby Lee Stranahan

    At the Otay crossing near the San Diego border last Monday, about 200 people coming from Mexico gained entry to the United States all using the same key phrase; they claimed they had a ‘credible fear’ of drug cartels. According to KSAZ FoxPheonix:

    So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station.

    “They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they  will be allowed into the country,” said a person who did not want to be identified on camera.  “We are being overwhelmed.”

    This apparent new shift in tactics to enter the United States comes at a time when the Associated Press is reporting a spike in the number of asylum requests in the past few years:

    According draft testimony for USCIS Associate Director Joseph Langlois that was to be submitted for a congressional hearing on asylum requests last month, USCIS received more than 19,119 asylum requests through the end of May. The agency anticipates receiving more than 28,600 by the end of the fiscal year.

    According to the testimony, during the 2009 budget year the agency received just 5,369 such requests.

    However, this new phenomenon is out of all proportion, even with this spike. To put those numbers in perspective with the 200 people making asylum requests on one day at one border crossing, 200 people a day equals 73,000 people a year — close to three times the total number received all year, at all border crossings.

    KSAZ reports the new tactic could easily overwhelm the immigration system, quoting immigration attorney and former immigration official Pete Nunez:

    “To make our system even more ridiculous than it has been in the  past,” he adds. “There are no detention facilities for families, so the family would have to be split up. We don’t want to split families up, so we end up releasing people out into the community on bond, on bail.”
    Nunez says, “It’s a huge loophole.”

    “There has to be a policy change, something implemented, an emergency implementation that will stop this, or otherwise we will have thousands coming in.”

    The goal, however, may be to overwhelm the system. This apparent new tactic comes on the heels of widely publicized activism by a group called ‘The Dream 9’ who also used a claim of asylum to gain re-entry to the country. As leftist organization Colorlines reported last week:

    All nine of the activists have now established credible fear, a step toward an asylum hearing. Supporters are now hoping the Dream 9 will be eligible for parole, which would allow them to return to the United States until their asylum hearing dates.

    Read More Here

    Asylum Border Flood Mexico Requests Sudden US
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mediahitman

    Related Posts

    Trump signs US Mexico Canada Agreement

    January 30, 2020

    ABC News suspends Matt Gutman for falsely suggesting all of Kobe Bryant’s children on helicopter

    January 30, 2020

    Longest-ever border smuggling tunnel found stretching between Tijuana and San Diego

    January 30, 2020
    Leave A Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.